The Peel, Bond & Walk® installation means our tactiles can be fitted into small areas that would be difficult or impossible for laying indicators in alternative materials, such as concrete or ceramic tiles.
The Guardian Tactile System can be supplied in kit form with installation instructions or we can organise one of over 60 installers throughout Australia to carry out the work for you.
Before beginning the installation; check that new concrete has been cured for a minimum of 21 days. All concrete must be dry for 3 days after rain.
1. Mark out the area to be tiled using a straight edge or chalk line allowing for a 2mm gap between each tile.
2. PREPARING SURFACE AREA:
- Ensure concrete is completely dry. Poor adhesion will occur if area is not dry.
- For rough concrete, lightly sand area first.
- Remove all dust, dirt and debris with a vacuum cleaner. Poor adhesion will occur if area is not cleaned properly.
- If painted or sealed, thoroughly clean concrete area with a clean cloth and ACETONE. Allow for area to completely dry.
3. Peel off the backing sheet from the tile. Lay the tiles to the marked lines, ensuring they are square.
THE ADHESIVE WILL BOND IMMEDIATELY.
4. Tap the flat and then raised surface of each tile using a wooden block and hammer. Tiles can be walked on immediately.
Guardian integrated tactile can be bonded directly to carpet, concrete, granite, aggregate, tiles, vinyl, rubber and timber.